Monday, January 09, 2006

Getting our feet wet in the blogosphere

Over the past few weeks, we've been working to find ways to make Texas AIDS Blog more accessible to the community.

One problem was internal navigation: How do you find information that interests you on this site when there are only so many posts on the front page and the archive list is fairly inscrutable?
  • One solution to that is noted in the previous post regarding tables of contents.
  • Another solution was to add Texas AIDS Blog to Technorati's database and post their search button on the sidebar. I've tested the search function with several key words and find it much more efficient than the Google search function provided by Blogger.
  • Yet a third solution, the tag cloud, doesn't seem to be working out, so we'll have to study that one a bit more.

Another problem was just simply knowing that Texas AIDS Blog exists and finding it. We have quite a ways to go in promoting the blog as a service for the Texas HIV/AIDS community, but we made a start by adding the blog to several blogging indices recently. Little "bugs" for these indices are starting to pop up in the side bar. If you use Technorati, Blog Digger, ReadABlog, BlogStreet, Globe of Blogs, BlogHop, BlogWise, Bloogz, BlogPulse, or PubSub, we've submitted the blog to those sites, and we should be showing up there soon, if not already.

A further issue is how to make Texas AIDS Blog accessible as a regular source of information for the community. We've already talked about adding email subscriptions via FeedBlitz [nodding "hello" to our subscribers there] or subscribing through Feedburner. As elegant as those solutions are, that doesn't quite get us to other feed services. That apparently requires an RSS feed, which I understand but don't quite know how to do yet.

One final note. I mentioned that I had tinkered with some settings last week and somehow managed to mess up the feed that was coming through Feedblitz. Almost as soon as that post went out, a fellow from Feedblitz' support section contacted me by email to tell me what the problem was. Notice that I didn't mention asking for help--but still the help came. Is that service or what? Thanks, Phil!

Thanks for coping with my learning curve. I think this will be the last of the "technical" posts until I learn more about that RSS feed thingie. Now for the news . . .

2 comments:

Kiminza Muthuka said...

AGAIN THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE BUT IT DID HAPPEN..
Few Months ago i went for check up in the hospital, the doctor took my blood for test and told me to come after 3 days for the results, after 3 days passed i went back to the hospital for the results,and it was then the doctor told me that i was diagnosed with HIV and he told me to come back after 6 months for my medication.
On that very day i was left with no happiness and everything in life became meaningless to me, i began to think on how i could get rid of this virus from my body, i decided to go on internet and do some research, while i was surfing the internet i came across some good testimonials on how Dr Molemen has been using his herbal medicine to treat and save different patients from various diseases and infections, i also saw someone who was commenting on how she was cured from HIV with the medicine.
To me i never believed in them, that was the first time to come across something like that, i just decided to try it out if it did really worked!
They gave the contact details of Dr Molemen and i copied his email and later that night i sent him a message concerning my health.
He later gave me a response and then we talked about the medicine and he said to me he was going to send the medicine to my home address and that he needed my address of where i reside.
I sent him all he requested for in other to get the medicine ready for me, and after 3 days i received a mail from the Post Office and to my surprised it was the herbal medicine from Dr Molemen.
He explained to me on how i was to take the medicine, he said i was to take 2 times daily for 14 days, i followed exactly as i was told, before he sent me the medicine he said that i should go for check up after finish drinking the medicine, so after i finished the medicine i went back to the hospital for check up and told my greatest surprise again i was told that i am negative, i know someone would not believed this, but it did happened to a brother like me, i have always dreamed of living in good health again, thank god everything went well for me and thank god for Dr Molemen Miracle Healing Medicine, you can reach Dr Molemen at ( drmolemenspiritualtemple@gmail.com or ( dr.molemenspiritualtemple@yahoo.com) or call him on +2347036013351, friends this man has a cure to all human disease, do not believe in medical drugs, let try some Natural Remedy.
Forever remain grateful Doc....

tracy ben said...

This is how DR Okhihie helped me in getting rid of my HIV Virus.
. I am TRACY BEN my email address is tracyben12345@gmail.com i was diagnosed of
this Virus for over FIVE years i have be looking for solution until January this year.thought all hope is lost, I was half dead just because of the pain I was separated from the crowd, and i was now alone,truly I was in a great pain, I tried all my best to be happy again but I can’t, until a good friend of mine introduced a great SPIRITUAL HEALER to me who is DR.Okhihie, saying that she saw many testimonies on how he helped people getting rid of their HIV Virus he gave
me his email which is okhihiespelltemple@gmail.com. I spoke to him and being a kind hearted man he answered me without any delay. I told him my problems, he asked me to buy some items, and though I couldn't find the items I sent him the money to buy the items for me. Which he did
successfully, he cast the spell, before he prepared the herbal. he send it to me via corrie service and he instructed me on how to take the herbal. and asked me to go for medical checkup which I did, I didn't believe when the doctor told me that am HIV negative,truly am still short of words, I thank DR.Okhihie for the great deeds, if you are having a similar problem I will advice you to contact Dr Okhihie on his email okhihiespelltemple@gmail.com wathsapp him on +2348144661207 or call +2348134548904