Physicians who are licensed in Texas, board certified in infectious disease/internal medicine/family practice, and have at least five years of experience in working with patients with HIV are encouraged to apply.
- (30%) Provides expert consultation on any medical issue involving HIV/AIDS and STDs to the Manager of the Health Promotion Unit. Serves as the consultant to the Quality Management Committee relating to ambulatory/outpatient medical care and the Texas HIV Medication Program (THMP). Provides consultation on the THMP formulary, program rules, utilization issues and projections, eligibility criteria, etc. Assists as needed with desk reviews and on-site reviews of clinical HIV/AIDS and STD programs funded by the department. Provides programmatic and policy consultation on the program's response to HIV/AIDS and STDs within the context of epidemiological data, emerging technologies, and fiscal constraints.
- (10%) Reviews Texas HIV Medication Program (THMP) client applications to ensure they meet current medical eligibility criteria.
- (10%) Provides medical consultation to physicians throughout the state concerning issues related to the treatment of HIV/AIDS and STDs.
- (10%) Provides technical assistance in professional staff development and training related to HIV/AIDS and STD medical issues. Prepares and delivers presentations on issues related to HIV/AIDS and STDs at public and professional meetings.
- (15%) Maintains the most up to date knowledge on medical issues related to HIV/AIDS and STDs.
- (3%) Collaborates with other physicians and experts throughout the state and the nation on medical issues related to HIV/AIDS.
- (10%) Collaborates with the department, community and Medication Advisory Committee (MAC) regarding strategic planning for the THMP.
- (10%) Prepares or provides expert medical review for all proposed policies and procedures related to HIV/AIDS and STD medical issues.
- (2%) May plan, assign, or supervise the work of others. Physician on duty.
Additional information is available at https://accesshr.hhsc.state.tx.us/. Enter "physician" as your search term and "Austin" as the location. This is posting No. 16897. Interested applicants can also contact Janna Zumbrun (512-458-7111 X2406), Felipe Rocha (512-533-3107), or Dwayne Haught (512-533-3002).