SAC and NAHC also included the following "directly from HUD":
U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development The Katrina Disaster Housing
Assistance Program – Special Needs (KDHAP-SN)
December 7, 2005 – The Katrina Disaster Housing Assistance Program – Special Needs (KDHAP-SN) rental subsidy program has been announced to provide assistance to persons who were living in the Hurricane Katrina Presidential Disaster Declaration areas in Louisiana, Mississippi or Alabama and were sleeping on the
streets or other places not meant for human habitation or residing in emergency shelters, transitional housing or in housing assisted by one of three HUD programs (SHP-PH, S+C, HOPWA) between August 21-28, 2005. There are three attached documents to this email that provide details.
Please note: an urgent response is required to select the Katrina Administering Agency (KAA) for the KDHAP-SN populations. Please discuss within your Continuum of Care and/or HOPWA provider community to determine the appropriate KAA. At this time, any compensation to the KAA has not been addressed and the operating instructions for the KDHAP-SN should be released shortly. The operating requirements for the initial KDHAP program (not special needs targeted) may be found [on HUD's web site at http://tinyurl.com/cc984.] [modified for format]
This may be helpful in your selection of a KAA for your area.
Please also consider areas that are not covered by other existing Continua of Care that you would be willing to cover as the KAA to ensure the broadest reach possible of providers for this needed program.
What do Continua of Cares need to do?
- Through outreach and intake processes, identify KDHAP-SN eligible households currently in the Continuum of Care.
- Assist households to register with FEMA no later than December 31, 2005. (Register at www.fema.gov or 1-800-621-3362)
- Nominate a KDHAP-SN Administering Agency (KAA) for the CoC.
- Submit completed KAA nomination and KAA SF 424 via fax by 5:00 PM EST on December 8, 2005
- Review attached materials [the materials listed can be downloaded from NAHC's Katrina page: http://www.nationalaidshousing.org/Katrina%20Response.htm#KDHAP-SN]:
KDHAP-SN Fact Sheet
KAA Eligibility Criteria
List of KDHAP Participating PHAs
KAA Nomination Fax
SF 424 (Application for federal assistance)
List of CoC #s and names (link may not yet be functional)
Phone or email questions to: 1-866-373-9509 or [modified for format] firstname.lastname@example.org (include contact name, phone, city and state)
If you have any questions, the KDHAP email is email@example.com .