- Include a request for increased funding for HIV in its LAR for 2008-2009;
- Make that request a high priority; and
- Make a request that goes beyond current services to better meet the needs of the clients served.
With regard to the latter, the Network recommended:
- Request sufficient funds to address the projected shortfall and allow for the program to add new medications for HAART as they are approved by the FDA.
- Request sufficient funds to allow the program to address the needs of clients who are co-infected with Hepatitis C.
- Request sufficient funds to allow the program to provide medications for the treatment of such side effects of HAART as hyperlipidemia, anemia, and hypertension.
Texas AIDS Network also recommended requests for increased funding for services and prevention.
A copy of this testimony has been published on Texas AIDS Net.