Thursday, November 17, 2005, 12:00 to 2:00 p.m.
This program will be available for viewing at http://www.phppo.cdc.gov/phtn
This live web cast will provide information regarding the rationale for expanded HIV screening in health-care settings, alternative procedures for normalizing screening in various health care settings, and practices that facilitate routine screening. Interviews and strategies at public and private health-care settings will be included. A panel of experts will answer viewers' questions, which can be sent via fax during the broadcast.
- Rashad Burgess, Team Leader, Prevention Programs Branch, Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP), CDC
- Eileen Couture, DO, FACEP, RN, MS, Clinical Chair, Emergency Department, Oak Forest Hospital of Cook County, Chicago, Illinois
- Donna Futterman, MD, Professor of Clinical Pediatrics and Director, Adolescent AIDS Program, Montefiore Medical Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
- Bernard Branson, MD, Associate Director for Laboratory Diagnostics, DHAP, CDC
- Robert T. Maupin, Associate Professor, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
Target Audience: Persons who administer, deliver or plan the care and treatment of adults and adolescents in public and private health-care settings, particularly prenatal care, STD treatment and prevention, emergency care, and primary care.
Continuing Education Information: CE credit is not planned for this webcast.
Webcast sponsor: Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (CDC) and the Public Health Training Network
Webcast website: http://www.cdcnpin-broadcast.org/
Please note: This program will also be broadcast via satellite. DSHS does not have plans to host a site to view this program.