- Discuss the implications of decreased federal funding
- Discuss HRSA guidance and related challenges
- Solicit stakeholders' thoughts and ideas on how to best address the two issues above.
- What can be done to simplify local administration and reduce costs?
- What can be done to simplify local planning and reduce costs?
- What changes to services and/or planning boundaries are needed to simplify activities and reduce cost?
Below is a schedule of the meeting dates, times and locations. Please invite other stakeholders who may be interested in participating. If you have questions regarding the meeting, please contact Jenny McFarlane at 512-533-3094.
DSHS STAKEHOLDER MEETING DATES AND LOCATIONS:
October 24, 2005, 1-4pm
DSHS HIV/STD Program
Austin State Hospital, 4110 Guadalupe
Building 636, Room 1102
October 27, 2005, 1-4pm
DSHS Region 2/3 Office
Bank One Building, 1301 South Bowen Road Suite 200, Conference Room 2210
November 3, 2005, 1-4pm
DSHS Region 11 Office
601 West Sesame Drive, Rockport Room
November 15, 2005, 1-4pm
Harris County Public Health and Environmental Services - Main Office
2223 West Loop South
Fifth Floor Auditorium, Room 532
Parking: Parking is free in the parking garage located behind and attached to office complex. The building is located on Loop 610 near the Galleria area, on the north bound feeder road between Westheimer and San Felipe.
December 8, 1-4pm
DSHS Region 9/10
2301 N. Big Spring St., Suite 300 (Conference Room)