Thursday, September 07, 2006

New web site for Texas HIV Bureau

The HIV Bureau (yeah, that's not it's name anymore, w/e) has a new website with a new look. Three years after the Department of State Health Services arose from the ashes (thanks, Arlene) of the old Texas Department of Health, the HIV Bureau is now being added to the Department's website as a full-fledged section rather than as a link to a legacy site. (That probably doesn't matter to the rest of the world, but I always found it curious that it HIV managed to hang out in limbo so long.)

The new web address: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/hivstd/default.shtm.

The "home page" shows the new look--which is just like the (bland) DSHS look--with links to other sections of the department's web site. The left side of the page holds the HIV Bureau's links, and I have to say that they are now much easier for me to read and to distinguish one from another. I am more familiar with some sections of the old site than with others.

In those cases where I have some familiarity, it looks like nothing has been lost in the transition. I'd be curious to know what you find in looking at the site.

No comments: