Wednesday, March 02, 2005

HIV Advocacy Day, 2005

It's in the history books now. Seventy-five advocates, 2 training sessions, 181 visits to legislative offices, 181 green folders. HIV Advocacy Day was, by all accounts, a grand success. Not the least of our success were the meeting reports that advocates completed to let us know what happened during their meetings. Good stuff in there!

Thanks to all the organizers in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Fort Worth for bringing all these wonderful folks together. It was nice to see old friends and make new ones. Ham that I am, I thoroughly enjoyed providing the briefing sessions for such a receptive audience.

Now, as always, the paperwork still has to be completed. I hear that folks are getting their thank you letters written. (This is excellent!) I have already entered the registration forms into a database and the certificates are being printed out as I type this. Getting them mailed will take a bit of work (I've stuffed more than enough envelopes for one lifetime, thank you very much), but they will get to you pretty soon, I think. There are still a couple of steps to go before I actually start stuffing those dreaded envelopes. Hang in there!

No comments: